• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

55 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I didn't patrol through to see if you'd found a good solution but Darto is having free shipping from now through Dec 22.  The 27 paella is $60, so significantly more expensive than that 10.25" Lodge pan (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) that's currently unavailable on Amazon (I purchased it @ $15.11 about 2 yrs ago) and on the Lodge site 

Thanks for letting me know.  I haven't purchased anything yet.  I put my email address on the Lodge list for them to let me know when it comes back in stock, but with free shipping, I'll consider the Darto, partially because I was also thinking about getting a carbon steel pan or two.... but to tell the truth, I've seen some other carbon steel pans for a lot less - like the Vollrath for like $20+, and still have the rivet-less design.... but I'm thinking about it.

KennethT

KennethT

52 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I didn't patrol through to see if you'd found a good solution but Darto is having free shipping from now through Dec 22.  The 27 paella is $60, so significantly more expensive than that 10.25" Lodge pan (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) that's currently unavailable on Amazon (I purchased it @ $15.11 about 2 yrs ago) and on the Lodge site 

Thanks for letting me know.  I haven't purchased anything yet.  I put my email address on the Lodge list for them to let me know when it comes back in stock, but with free shipping, I'll consider the Darto, partially because I was also thinking about getting a carbon steel pan or two.... but to tell the truth, I've seen some other carbon steel pans for a lot less, and still have the rivet-less design.... but I'm thinking about it.