• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

From other people's comments, I get the impression that theirs comes out just fine.  Mine does not, and I don't know why.  So, I just use my toaster.

Mine doesn’t toast evenly either (although it did in the beginning) it is always blotchy on the bottom side...sometimes I'll flip the bread over and re-toast for another minute or so.

However, I don’t have the space for a toaster in addition and the toast is still more than just acceptable.

lindag

lindag

48 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

From other people's comments, I get the impression that theirs comes out just fine.  Mine does not, and I don't know why.  So, I just use my toaster.

Mine doesn’t toast evenly either (although it did in the beginning).

However, I don’t have the space for a toaster in addition and the toast is still acceptable.