• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

I'm not very helpful for cooking the yellow (asian korea/japanese) sweet potatoes. I leave the skin and then peel. I cook at 425 steam bake until easy to penetrate with a knife. But the timing will depend on the variety. I like to double cook them. So once they are cool enough to peel, peel them,  wrap with film and once cold, refrigerate, slice from cold and pan fry with oil until nicely caramelized on the outside.

Franci

Franci

I'm not help for the yellow (asian korea/japanese) sweet potatoes. I leave the skin and then peel. I cook at 425 steam bake until easy to penetrate with a knife. But the timing will depend on the variety. I like to double cook them. So once they are cool enough to peel, peel them,  wrap with film and once cold, refrigerate, slice from cold and pan fry with oil until nicely caramelized on the outside.

Franci

Franci

I'm not help for the yellow (asian korea/japanese) sweet potatoes. I leave the skin and then peel. I cook at 425 steam bake until easy to penetrate with a knife. But the timing will depend on the variety. I like to double cook them. So once they are cool enough to peel, I wrap with film and once cold, refrigerate, slice from cold and pan fry with oil until nicely caramelized on the outside.

Franci

Franci

I'm not help for the yellow (asian korea/japanese) sweet potatoes. I leave the skin and then peel. I cook at 425 until easy to penetrate with a knife. But the timing will depend on the variety. I like to double cook them. So once they are cool enough to peel, I wrap with film and once cold, refrigerate, slice from cold and pan fry with oil until nicely caramelized on the outside.