• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I foolishly volunteered to make three appetizers for my daughter's family and friends. 

image.jpeg.49039c5b1105a80f700da1bb4a6deb39.jpeg

Look!  Look!  One dozen peeled hard-boiled eggs and not a nick on any one of them!  

image.jpeg.39c41f4409b280a284cde0cb92dedd68.jpeg

They are a little overcooked for my liking but since they are going to make devilled eggs they just got a little more mayo than they normally would. 

image.jpeg.93251f0f363a97f987bad4bb6b0a836a.jpeg

You can't do anything interesting for them because the friends don't eat onions or spicy things and that's just the beginning of their list of likes and dislikes. So terribly boring egg yolk, mayo mustard salt and pepper and a pinch of sweet unsmoked paprika. 

For Instant Pot users this was my standard hard boiled egg modus operandi

Refrigerator cold eggs, 1 cup of water for steam, trivet, five minutes low pressure and let the pressure drop on its own, eggs straight into ice bath.  

The mushrooms are stuffed (nothing to do with the instant pot) and I'm now going to make some cheese straws with store-bought puff pastry and then I will likely collapse into a quivering heap.xD

Anna N

Anna N

I foolishly volunteered to make three appetizers for my daughter's family and friends. 

image.jpeg.49039c5b1105a80f700da1bb4a6deb39.jpeg

Look!  Look!  One dozen peeled hard-boiled eggs and not a nick on any one of them!  

image.jpeg.39c41f4409b280a284cde0cb92dedd68.jpeg

They are a little overcooked for my liking but since they aren't going to make devilled eggs they just got a little more mayo than they normally would. 

image.jpeg.93251f0f363a97f987bad4bb6b0a836a.jpeg

You can't do anything interesting for them because the friends don't eat onions or spicy things and that's just the beginning of their list of likes and dislikes. So terribly boring egg yolk, mayo mustard salt and pepper and a pinch of sweet unsmoked paprika. 

For Insta pot uses this was my standard hard boiled egg modus operandi

Refrigerator cold eggs, 1 cup of water for steam, trivet, five minutes low pressure and let the pressure drop on its  own, eggs straight into ice bath.  

The mushrooms are stuffed (nothing to do with the instant pot) and I'm now going to make some cheese straws with store-bought puff pastry and then I will likely collapse into a quivering heap.xD