• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

All cutting boards get damaged, plastic and wood. The damaged surfaces are the problem for sanitizing. There are no practical ways to repair the damages in the home kitchen. Sandpapering does not work.

The following works very well for both wood and plastic boards:

Get a set of cabinet maker's scrapers. They are not expensive. Every time you have done cutting, use the scrapers to clean the surface, then wash.

The scarpers give a very flat shinny finish on the boards. Members here who has done woodworking will know what I am talking about.

I am surprised that they do come with a scraper with every board they sale.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

All cutting boards get damaged, plastic and wood. The damaged surfaces are the problem for sanitizing. There are no practical ways to repair the damages in the home kitchen. Sand papering does not work.

The following works very well for both wood and plastic boards:

Get a set of cabinet maker's scrapers. They are not expensive. Every time you have done cutting, use the scrapers to clean the surface, then wash.

The scarpers give a very flat shine finish on the boards.

I am surprised that they do come with a scraper with every board they sale.

dcarch