• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Michael Ohene said:

You seem to have missed the original question and actually the entire topic, "What method do you use?"

To be fair, your question is very unclear. You ask what method we use to create recipes. I could answer that they come to me in dreams, or when I wonder in an idle moment what would happen if I added some X to Y, but all your site seems to be is yet another conversion tool, and there are many of them out there, more usable and professional.

If and when I create a new recipe, conversion isn't on my mind. When I write down the recipe later, it still isn't.

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve. Or for whom?

Also, I don't get your ingredient classification at all.

Potatoes are a liquid? Peanut butter is a flour? Vinegar is sugar/salt?

No mention of high gluten wheat flour for breads.

And by the way SAF does more than one type of yeast.

liuzhou

liuzhou

You seem to have missed the original question and actually the entire topic, "What method do you use?"

To be fair, your question is very unclear. You ask what method we use to create recipes. I could answer that they come to me in dreams, or when I wonder in an idle moment what would happen if I added some X to Y, but all your site seems to be is yet another conversion tool, and there are many of them out there, more usable and professional.

If and when I create a new recipe, conversion isn't on my mind. When I write down the recipe later, it still isn't.

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve. Or for whom?

liuzhou

liuzhou

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve.

liuzhou

liuzhou

52 minutes ago, Michael Ohene said:

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve.

Anbd by the way sAF