• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I can bake two breads from flour out of the same bucket that one might not say:  it's the same.

last night I did mac&cheese from scratch; got distracted and the roux got a smidge overdone aka toasted.

DW raved.  now all I have to do is master my mistake... so - technique & procedure does make a difference in taste.  and why do I get the idea the various pasta makers will not publicize their second-by-second production methods.....

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I can bake two breads from flour out of the same bucket that one might not say:  it's the same.

last night I did mac&cheese from scratch; got distracted and the roux got a smidge overdone aka toasted.

DW raved.  now all I have to do is master my mistake...

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

DW raved.  now I have to master my mistake...