• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

Here's an old thread on eG that contains commentary spreading over the three pages on Rustichella d'Abruzzo pastas; and the difference between De Cecco pasta in Europe (better) versus in the US (see this post, and downwards from there), plus other interesting stuff as well.

(I just picked up a box of De Cecco and a package of R d'A from my larder and confirmed that De Cecco (in the US) is still "fortified pasta" while R d'A (in the US) continues to not be fortified.)

ETA: I looked at a box of Cipriani pasta and this too is not fortified, although it uses fresh eggs (not egg powder) in making it.

huiray

huiray

Here's an old thread on eG that contains commentary spreading over the three pages on Rustichella d'Abruzzo pastas; and the difference between De Cecco pasta in Europe (better) versus in the US (see this post, and downwards from there), plus other interesting stuff as well.

(I just picked up a box of De Cecco and a package of R d'A from my larder and confirmed that De Cecco (in the US) is still "fortified pasta" while R d'A (in the US) continues to not be fortified.)