• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

29 minutes ago, KennethT said:

crazy...

Where are edibles sold?  I assume you can't just buy them in the supermarket, but have to be a specialty store, like the equivalent of a liquor store?  In which case, how would kids get in there to make the purchases... and if they're worried about kids eating their parents' edibles, isn't it up to the parents to make sure the kids can't get at it?  Like a locked liquor cabinet....

Exactly!  They are only sold in the limited number of cannabis stores (I believe 300 across the state), which are 21+ and only located a certain distance away from parks and schools.  I know kids will get into everything, but that's why you keep stuff like liquor, cleaning supplies, poison, prescription meds, OTC meds, and your edibles away from them.  And is a kid really not going to eat a piece of chocolate that they find because it's not colorful?   I think if a kid is sneaking treats they're going to scarf down whatever they find. 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

22 minutes ago, KennethT said:

crazy...

Where are edibles sold?  I assume you can't just buy them in the supermarket, but have to be a specialty store, like the equivalent of a liquor store?  In which case, how would kids get in there to make the purchases... and if they're worried about kids eating their parents' edibles, isn't it up to the parents to make sure the kids can't get at it?  Like a locked liquor cabinet....

Exactly!  They are only sold in the limited number or cannabis stores (I believe 300 across the state), which are 21+ and only located a certain distance away from parks and schools.  I know kids will get into everything, but that's why you keep stuff like liquor, cleaning supplies, poison, prescription meds, OTC meds, and your edibles away from them.  And is a kid really not going to eat a piece of chocolate that they find because it's not colorful?   I think if a kid is sneaking treats they're going to scarf down whatever they find.