• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

clarity

Retail or wholesale?  Fruit puree prices depend on the flavor and as I'm sure you know couverture prices vary widely per the brand and formulation.  My main wholesale suppliers in Seattle are Merlino Foods and the Peterson Co, if you look through their catalogs and select some items for which you would like prices, you may be able to call or email and get that info.  Otherwise, I pay around $75 for a 3kg bag of Valrhona, and the Felchlin couvertures I use are $6.17/# for Sao Palme 60%,  and $10.26/# for Maracaibo Creole 49% from the suppliers mentioned above.   I paid $2.35 per pound for unsalted butter yesterday at Cash & Carry, but that was on sale, it is usually closer to $3 and high-fat or specialty (plugra) butter is more.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

Retail or wholesale?  Fruit puree prices depend on the flavor and as I'm sure you know couverture prices vary widely per the brand and formulation.  My main wholesaler suppliers in Seattle are Merlino Foods and the Peterson Co, if you look through their catalogs and select some items for which you would like prices, you may be able to call or email and get that info.  Otherwise, I pay around $75 for a 3kg bag of Valrhona, and the Felchlin couvertures I use are $6.17/# for Sao Palme 60%,  and $10.26/# for Maracaibo Creole 49%.   I paid $2.35 per pound for unsalted butter yesterday at Cash & Carry, but that was on sale, it is usually closer to $3 and high-fat or specialty (plugra) butter is more.