• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

2 hours ago, AlaMoi said:

yup.  16 x 5 x 52 = 4,160 patrons.  at $75/head = $312,000 gross.  at a whopping industry unheard of 20% gross profit, that's $62,500/yr

in "fine dining" something on the order of 5-7% is more realistic.

have you had exposure to all the costs in running a food establishment?  there's a whole lot more than the Sysco and payroll items.  I'm very doubtful one can provide "fine dining" and booze at a $115/head cost.

I'm not so sure that I'll be using Sysco, but clearly I don't have the experience and expertise as you in this area, so thank you for the feedback.

gfron1

gfron1

1 hour ago, AlaMoi said:

yup.  16 x 5 x 52 = 4,160 patrons.  at $75/head = $312,000 gross.  at a whopping industry unheard of 20% gross profit, that's $62,500/yr

in "fine dining" something on the order of 5-7% is more realistic.

have you had exposure to all the costs in running a food establishment?  there's a whole lot more than the Sysco and payroll items.  I'm very doubtful one can provide "fine dining" and booze at a $115/head cost.

Clearly I don't have the experience and expertise as you in this area, so thank you for the feedback.