• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

9 minutes ago, munchymom said:

Of course. I was probably influenced by the article's picture of Mr. T Cereal and Cocoa Puffs. I can't abide sweet stuff first thing in the morning.

Instead picture a mini rolled haystack of shredded wheat that came out of a box with a photo of (for some reason) Niagara Falls. 

We never got sugar on it - although sometimes fresh fruit. 

I wasn't quite so draconian with my own kids but those revolting sugary cereals like Count Chocula were never allowed in our house. 

Jaymes

Jaymes

3 minutes ago, munchymom said:

Of course. I was probably influenced by the article's picture of Mr. T Cereal and Cocoa Puffs. I can't abide sweet stuff first thing in the morning.

Instead picture a mini rolled haystack of shredded wheat that came out of a box with a photo of (for some reason) Niagara Falls on the front. 

We never got sugar on it - although sometimes fresh fruit. 

I wasn't quite so draconian with my own kids but those revolting sugary cereals like Count Chocula were never allowed in our house.