• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

toasting is toasting, right ?

not so.

the BVXL  bakes the toast, as the elements go on and off, giving you a fairly brown slice, but its not done quick enough so the toast is their for dry

based on their algorithm  for some reason  .  Why dim the heating elements during the toasting ? but they do.  

the CSB has an odd feature , that probably was not designed for toast :  its a sealed box, based on the steam considerations.

there for, if you toast is fairly fresh and their for relatively moist  that moisture stays in the oven,  the heating elements stay on for the toast cycle

but the inner part of your toast, esp if thicker cut, home made, or EM's are therefore  moist.

who knew ? would not have believed it.  but that's what happens.    it took me a while to try toast in the CSB for some reason, even as I did not care that much

for toast in the BVXl, even home made, fresh, cut think

I think full credit goes to @weinoo   mentioning it made fine toast.

"""   

It doesn't keep the steam from the toast - it keeps the steam from the toast in the oven.

It's just a really tight seal; sounds like it creates a bit of a vacuum when the oven is on and one closes the door. """

its because its a sealed box. toasting is a non-steam program.

a shame those who bake their own bread, in their ovens or in the Machine I use  have not tried toast in a CSB

of course, many have.

rotuts

rotuts

not so.

the BVXL  bakes the toast, as the elements go on and off, giving you a fairly brown slice, but its not done quick enough so the toast is their for dry

based on their algorithm  for some reason  .  Why dim the heating elements during the toasting ? but they do.  

the CSB has an odd feature , that probably was not designed for toast :  its a sealed box, based on the steam considerations.

there for, if you toast is fairly fresh and their for relatively moist  that moisture stays in the oven,  the heating elements stay on for the toast cycle

but the inner part of your toast, esp if thicker cut, home made, or EM's are therefore  moist.

who knew ? would not have believed it.  but that's what happens.    it took me a while to try toast in the CSB for some reason, even as I did not care that much

I think full credit goes to @weinoo   mentioning it made fine toast.

"""   

It doesn't keep the steam from the toast - it keeps the steam from the toast in the oven.

It's just a really tight seal; sounds like it creates a bit of a vacuum when the oven is on and one closes the door. """

its because its a sealed box. toasting is a non-steam program.

a shame those who bake their own bread, in their ovens or in the Machine I use  have not tried toast in a CSB

of course, many have.

rotuts

rotuts

not so.

I think full credit goes to @weinoo  fold mentioning it made fine toast.

its because its a sealed box.

of course, many have.