• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

On 7/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, lindag said:

You spend so much time there, do you ever consider relocating in that area?

That would not really be practical right now.  Although my husband is 99% remote for work, he does have to go in occasionally, and Wellfleet would be 3-4 hour drive from Boston on a weekday because of traffic/congestion.  Plus, we both have elderly parents that are still alive and in easy driving distance from our current home (my parents live one town over, and his Mom is an hour away).    

Yesterday we went to an early dinner at Winslow's Tavern at my nephew's request.  We arrived at opening for a table on the patio, which is first come, first served.  Things started off on a sour note when they insisted that as a party of five, we had to sit at a square table that was meant for a party of two or four.  This was the first time in our many, many times eating here that they tried to make us sit at a table like that.  Normally they just push two tables together, but they said they would only do that yesterday if we had six in our party.  It would have been cramped and uncomfortable to sit at the table they were offering outside, so we ate inside instead, where they were willing to seat us at a larger table.  I'm still annoyed about it this morning, to be honest, so these pictures are the last photos of food at Winslow's Tavern that I will be posting for a very long while.

Nephew wanted an order of veal and pork polpettino as his appetizer.  Nobody else wanted to try them. but he said they were tasty.

winslowspolepttino.thumb.jpg.54adecf86d6d11af452e970f097c0fb1.jpg

My sister and husband shared an order of lobster croquettes.  My niece and I skipped appetizers.

winslowslobstercroquetas.thumb.jpg.a33076dc851f38df4438bf612f0d9aee.jpg

For entrees, my sister got the braised zucchini pasta with ricotta salata.  She said it was too salty and only ate half.

winslowszucchini.thumb.jpg.deed3456cf45763ff7a70d73bd5b64ed.jpg

Nephew got short rib pasta.  He also said his was too salty, but he ate it all anyway 🙂

winslowsshortribpasta.thumb.jpg.46a85e65bc6604e8ede2e3627ce4b567.jpg

My husband, niece and I all got the sweet corn risotto with scallops.  This was very good, and not too salty.  

winslowsscallops.thumb.jpg.0438c1db7dd712f07f4c09375b224fc8.jpg

We skipped dessert.  Here are a couple of sunset pictures from last night.  That's my niece, me, and my sister heading down to the beach.  I am the shortest as you can see haha

setus.thumb.jpg.18d610767f622bfa34ccf966b45f1130.jpg

Glorious sunset

wedset3.thumb.jpg.de3b5dab2ed451208b6824fb4ff2ddd2.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

On 7/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, lindag said:

You spend so much time there, do you ever consider relocating in that area?

That would not really be practical right now.  Although my husband is 99% remote for work, he does have to go in occasionally, and Wellfleet would be 3-4 hour drive from Boston on a weekday because of traffic/congestion.  Plus, we both have elderly parents that are still alive and in easy driving distance from our current home (my parents live one town over, and his Mom is an hour away).    

Yesterday we went to an early dinner at Winslow's Tavern at my nephew's request.  We arrived at opening for a table on the patio, which is first come, first served.  Things started off on a sour note when they insisted that as a party of five, we had to sit at a square table that was meant for a party of two or four.  This was the first time in our many, many times eating here that they tried to make us sit at a table like that.  Normally they just push two tables together, but they said they would only do that yesterday if we had six in our party.  It would have been cramped and uncomfortable to sit at the table they were offering outside, so we ate inside instead, where they were willing to seat us at a larger table.  I'm still annoyed about it this morning, to be honest, so these pictures are the last photos of food at Winslow's Tavern that I will be posting for a very long while.

Nephew wanted an order of veal and pork polpettino as his appetizer.  Nobody else wanted to try them. but he said they were tasty.

winslowspolepttino.thumb.jpg.54adecf86d6d11af452e970f097c0fb1.jpg

My sister and husband shared an order of lobster croquettes.  My niece and I skipped appetizers.

winslowslobstercroquetas.thumb.jpg.a33076dc851f38df4438bf612f0d9aee.jpg

For entrees, my sister got the braised zucchini pasta with ricotta salt.  She said it was too salty and only ate half.

winslowszucchini.thumb.jpg.deed3456cf45763ff7a70d73bd5b64ed.jpg

Nephew got short rib pasta.  He also said his was too salty, but he ate it all anyway 🙂

winslowsshortribpasta.thumb.jpg.46a85e65bc6604e8ede2e3627ce4b567.jpg

My husband, niece and I all got the sweet corn risotto with scallops.  This was very good, and not too salty.  

winslowsscallops.thumb.jpg.0438c1db7dd712f07f4c09375b224fc8.jpg

We skipped dessert.  Here are a couple of sunset pictures from last night.  That's my niece, me, and my sister heading down to the beach.  I am the shortest as you can see haha

setus.thumb.jpg.18d610767f622bfa34ccf966b45f1130.jpg

Glorious sunset

wedset3.thumb.jpg.de3b5dab2ed451208b6824fb4ff2ddd2.jpg