• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

Bumping this old thread.  As some know, I recently moved into a new apartment.  Even though we did a full renovation, the apartment came with a nice dishwasher - a GE top control stainless steel with stainless tub. It's heads and tails nicer than the one we had in our old rental apartment.  I have no idea how old it is - but when I check out the manuals for it online, they're dated around 2010.  It was working great until the other day when it died.  This means, of course, that I need to investigate.  So after taking the whole thing apart, it turns out that one of the discrete relays on the control board is not making contact when it closes, which would power the circulator pump. $30 later (including 2nd day shipping and 3 more spares) means I should have a working dishwasher again by Wednesday evening (hopefully).  It shouldn't be difficult to unsolder a thru-hole 4 pin relay and solder in a new one.

20210605_121840_HDR.thumb.jpg.0819aefefa5043c75303415d66237aba.jpg

KennethT

KennethT

Bumping this old thread.  As some know, I recently moved into a new apartment.  Even though we did a full renovation, the apartment came with a nice dishwasher - a GE top control stainless steel with stainless tub. It's heads and tails nicer than the one we had in our old rental apartment.  I have no idea how old it is - but when I check out the manuals for it online, they're dated around 2010.  It was working great until the other day when it died.  This means, of course, that I need to investigate.  So after taking the whole thing apart, it turns out that one of the discrete relays on the control board is not making contact when it closes, which would power the circulator pump. $30 later (including 2nd day shipping and 3 more spares) means I should have a working dishwasher again by Wednesday evening (hopefully).  It shouldn't be difficult to unsolder a thru-hole 4 pin relay and solder in a new one.