• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ragù Cookbook

blilly

I've been searching for a few weeks on this, and finally decided I would just ask to see if anyone here has any suggestions. What I'm looking for is a cookbook who's main focus is Ragu; different styles (duck,goose,rabbit,oxtail,short rib, ...) , variances per region, etc. I've found (and now own) a few cookbooks that have SOME information, the best of which is probably Marchetti's "The Glorious Pasta of Italy". Unfortunately this just further ignited my interest.

So I put it to you all ... Do you know of a cookbook out there to take me on a ragu filled culinary adventure?

I appreciate any, and all input!

• 2 months later...

While its not solely ragu,  you should spend a weekend with Lynn Rossetto Kaspers, "the splendid table".   There is a whole chapter on ragu recipes that date  back to the 1500's.   Do try the ragu of giblets.   its 3 days work, but you will be blown away when you taste it.  To me,  Its a little late in the season to start cooking from this book as most of the recipes are winter "stick to your ribs" food. but if you are looking for ragu recipes, this is the one to give you a lot of ideas.

enjoy it, I sure have.