• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Has anyone come across/had any experiance with Sonia Uvezian's books?

Boris Abrams

Hi all, 

I recently came across Sonia Uvezian, on Amazon. I had never heard of her before, but on the face of it she seems like an excellent cookbook writer. However, Amazon reviews seem a bit sketchy, and a google search doesnt really reveal all to much about her. Before I go ahead and buy yet another cookbook, I wondered if anyone has ever seen or heard anything about her?

Her books include: Recipes and Rememberances from an Eastern Mediterranean Kitchen (The book I'd be looking to buy) and the Cuisines of Armenia

One of my first cookbooks was written by her ... I may still have it stored away somewhere.  It was a book about salads, and it was both useful and enlightening at the time.  Thinking back, with many years of cooking and recipes behind me now, I'd say the book was a little simplistic, but for a beginning cook it was quite helpful and informative.

... Shel