• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

I was making this quick bread today. It was a French recipe but the person who I followed  the recipe swapped buckwheat flour for regular flour. I liked the idea, but then, I thought what’s up with American buckwheat flour? why is this sucking so much more liquid...and I made a couple more variations: like omitting parmigiano and using nutritional yeast, using tahini instead of oil, using Greek yogurt with some milk instead of milk. I was adding liberally more milk and my final thought was: what a shame to have all these ingredients to end up in the garbage!   I really thought I was going to throw it away. But I was wrong...buckwheat products could be heavy. I love it! Wonderful! Now if I have to make it again it will never be the same 🤣🤣🤣

B7A7513B-940F-412A-BC4E-6AD6426513B5.jpeg

Franci

Franci

I was making this quick bread today. It was a French recipe but the person who I followed  the recipe swapped buckwheat flour for regular flour. I liked the idea, but then, I thought what’s up with American buckwheat flour? why is this sucking so much more liquid...and I made a couple more variations: like omitting parmigiano and using nutritional yeast, using tahini instead of oil, using Greek yogurt with some milk instead of milk. I was adding liberally more milk and finally thought was: what a shame to have all these ingredients to end up in the garbage!   I really thought I was going to throw it away. But I was wrong...buckwheat products could be heavy. I love it! Wonderful! Now if I have to make it again it will never be the same 🤣🤣🤣

Franci

Franci

I was making this quick bread today. It was a French recipe but the person who I follow the recipe swapped buckwheat flour for regular flour. I liked the idea, but then, I thought what’s up with American buckwheat flour? why is this sucking so much more liquid...and I made a couple more variations: like omitting parmigiano and using nutritional yeast, using tahini instead of oil, using Greek yogurt with some milk instead of milk. I was adding liberally more milk and finally thought was: what a shame to have all these ingredients to end up in the garbage!   I really thought I was going to throw it away. But I was wrong...buckwheat products could be heavy. I love it! Wonderful! Now if I have to make it again it will never be the same 🤣🤣🤣

Franci

Franci

I was making this quick bread today. It was a French recipe but the person who I follow the recipe swapped buckwheat flour for regular flour. I liked the idea, but then, I thought what’s up with American buckwheat flour? why is this sucking so much more liquid...and I made a couple more variations: like omitting parmigiano and using nutritional yeast, using tahini instead of oil, using Greek yogurt with some milk instead of milk. I was adding liberally more milk and finally thought was: what a shame to have all these ingredients to end up on the garbage!   I really thought I was going to throw it away. But I was wrong...buckwheat products could be heavy. I love it! Wonderful! Now if I have to make it again it will never be the same 🤣🤣🤣