• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hey everyone.Greetings from Greece!

Hi,

I'm 17 years old and will study pastry and baking arts in October.Being a pastry chef and instructor is my dream.I'm currently learning all about pastry from books, on the internet and from two pastry shops who let me watch while they work.My first book,i still use and read, is "Proffesional Baking", while my favorite books are "The Elements of Desserts" and "Experimental Study of Foods"(Ruth Mary Griswold)

Macarons are by far my beloved pastry to eat and make(i still can't perfectly make them!).

I would love to share some recipes and tips with you guys that i've found over the years!

Hi, PastryPsycho.  Welcome to eGullet.

We're all about sharing recipes and tips, and we LOVE pastry.  Dive into the forums and have fun.

What part of Greece are you in?  We'd like to hear more about your regional foods, as well.

Looking forward to your posts.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory