• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

On 6/8/2024 at 4:07 PM, FrogPrincesse said:

The theme of the upcoming event of the cookbook club I belong to is Korean, and below are the books that were selected.

For those of you who have these books, how do you like them? Any standout recipes you'd like to share?

I have made the recipe in that book for Kalbi and I imagine some others too.  We have at least half a dozen Korean cookbooks. I also have the" Korean BBQ" book and have made around 5 or 6 recipe from it.   Charlie's favorite is" Discovering Korean Cuisine- Recipes from the Best Korean Restaurants in Los Angles"© 2007, and he frequently calls his mom in Las Vegas to ask for her recipes.

The theme of the upcoming event of the cookbook club I belong to is Korean, and below are the books that were selected.

For those of you who have these books, how do you like them? Any standout recipes you'd like to share?

I have made the recipe it that book for Kalbi and I imagine some others too.  We have at least half a dozen Korean cookbooks. I also have the korean BBQ book and have made aroung 5 or 6 recipe from it.   Charlie's favorite is" Discovering Korean Cuisine- Recipes from the Best Korean Restaurants in Los Angles"© 2007, and he frequently calls his mom in Las Vegas to ask for her recipes.

I have made the recipe it that book for Kalbi and I imagine some others too.  We have at least half a dozen Korean cookbooks.  Charlie's favorite is" Discovering Korean Cuisine Recipes from the Best Korean Restaurants in Los Angles"© 2007, and he frequently calls his mom in Las Vegas to ask for her recipes.