• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trufflemade molds

I recently bought the medium size truffle silicone mold from trufflemade, I notice in some on their website I should make a ganache as if I were to slabbed/tabled cut.  Has anyone used these molds and have used their own truffle ganache recipe and had success?  I do find this process a little strange.

Any thoughts?

I've used them and yes, you need a firmer ganache.  Even with that I had to freeze the ganache to pop them out of the mold without them getting mishaped from removal.  But that was fine, a few minutes at room temp and they were good to go for dipping.

Not sure if I'm understanding...just make sure that your ganache can stand up on its own versus a filling for a chocolate shell.  So what they're saying is look for a recipe that says slabbed.  Otherwise, if you have enough experience just firm up your ganache a bit with more chocolate.