• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

all Langue dans le(s) Joue aside,

I can't imagine 'newer' professional French Restaurants  ( or that type : i.e.  Le sauce type )  equipping their restaurant , with

investment in copper, tinned or not.

that being say, there has to be a zillion tons of the professional stuff,  around to buy up after restaurants close dans Le France.

so if you Got it You Use it.

it is a Joy.  but for the home cook, and I mean the Home eG enthusiast, its not the way to go

if you are starting out.

well, maybe you own one of those Hedgey-Hedgey Funds, you know, wink wink, insider insider

well, why not then ?

but Id invest if that were you

in a Personal Chef  :  called Jacque(line)

but  Im pleased those who have the stuff enjoy it.    that's why we enjoy cooking.

rotuts

rotuts

all Langue dans le(s) Joue aside,

I can't imagine 'newer' professional French Restaurants  ( or that type : i.e.  Le sauce type )  equipping their restaurant , with

investment in copper, tinned or not.

that being say, there has to be a zillion tons of the professional stuff,  around to buy up after restaurants close dans Le France.

so if you Got it You Use it.

it is a Joy.  but for the home cook, and I mean the Home eG enthusiast, its not the way to go

if you are starting out.

well, maybe you own one of those Hedgey-Hedgey Funds, you know, wink wink, insider insider

well, why not then ?

but Id invest if that were you

in a Personal Chef  :  called Jacque(line)

but  Im please those who have the stuff enjoy it.    that's why we enjoy cooking.