• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

" restaurant copper " pan, tinned or steel/nickel are historical items

I doubt any restaurant  in this century has equipped itself with 2.5 or 3.5 pans

if there was a 'made in " date on all the pans we see, that would tell the story nicely.  

copperchef7.jpg.436f754a2661d4c319672094

this picture is interesting.  most of the copper is on the shelf or hanging up  

BTW  most of the pans you see in this series of pics radiate a lot of heat from the sides into the kitchen

anyway    Im very lucky.   I have over 15 different pots and pans.  from dehilerins.  mid- 80's    the FF was 11 to the dollar.

a 200 $$ identical pan in NYC at the time was one $ 20 traveler's check away.   I had to go to the bank to get it changed into

real money.  FF.

I love them all, but its not for today.  OK, a few if  you can get the prices I got way back then

rotuts

rotuts

" restaurant copper " pan, tinned or steel/nickel are historical items

I doubt any restaurant  in this century has equipped itself with 2.5 or 3.5 pans

copperchef7.jpg.436f754a2661d4c319672094

this picture is interesting.  most of the copper is on the shelf or hanging up  

BTW  most of the pans you see in this series of pics radiate a lot of heat from the sides into the kitchen

anyway    Im very lucky.   I have over 15 different pots and pans.  from dehilerins.  mid- 80's    the FF was 11 to the dollar.

a 200 $$ identical pan in NYC at the time was one $ 20 traveler's check away.   I had to go to the bank to get it changed into

real money.  FF.

I love them all, but its not for today.  OK, a few if  you can get the prices I got way back then