• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

36 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Maybe @liuzhou has something to say about the use of peanut butter in Chinese food.

Not a lot.

It's not that common, but Skippy is available and there are Chinese brands, too. It is used in noodles sometimes, yes. However, the most common use here is in SE Asian style saté sauce and is used as a dip.

More here.

Here is a screen shot of a peanut and sesame sauce (with computer translation) from my local delivery app. First time I've  seen it!

_20240417001737.thumb.jpg.5a30cdbd0dee7fcec1050fc24991ecc9.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

32 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Maybe @liuzhou has something to say about the use of peanut butter in Chinese food.

Not a lot.

It's not that common, but Skippy is available and there are Chinese brands, too. It is used in noodles sometimes, yes. However, the most common use here is in SE Asian style saté sauce and is used as a dip.

More here.

Here is a screen shot of a peatnut and sesame sauce (with computer translation) from my local delivery app. First time I've  seen it!

_20240417001737.thumb.jpg.5a30cdbd0dee7fcec1050fc24991ecc9.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

28 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Not a lot.

More here.

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Not a lot.

It's not that common, but Skippy is available and there are Chinese brands, too. It is used in noodles sometimes, yes but I've never seen it combined with sesame. However, the most common use here is in SE Asian style saté sauce and is used as a dip.

More here.