• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

30 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

You are brave to pair French cheese with Italian wine. Wars have been fought over less, You are risking deportation at best...

9_9

Haha, I thought I'd try something exotic.  Needless to say, it is rather unusual to drink any non-French wine here at all (unless you go to the hipster bars in the Marais, who like to be edgy by serving English cheese and natural American wines)...

jmacnaughtan

jmacnaughtan

27 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

You are brave to pair French cheese with Italian wine. Wars have been fought over less, You are risking deportation at best...

9_9

Haha, I thought I'd try something exotic.  Needless to say, it is rather unusual to drink any non-French wine here at all (unless you go to the hipster bars in the Marais who like to be edgy by serving English cheese and natural American wines)...