• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

toolprincess

Eating with an ulcer

It is a strong suspicion (confirmed by my doc) that I have developed an ulcer. She advised me to modify my diet and its a foodie nightmare. She recommended no soda (I can deal with this although I do like a diet coke in restaurants), no alcohol, no coffee and no spicy foods. I'm a spicy food junkie so this is the one that is going to trip e up I'm sure.

Anyone here deal with an ulcer?

Advice, tips, etc?

She did say that she was ok with me drinking sparkling water as long as it had only bubbles and water - no citric acid, etc.

Ashen   

I would question that no spicy foods thing....The last I read on the subject capsaicin, not being good for a ulcer was a myth.. In fact it is thought to be protective of the stomach lining.

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow