• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

But have you seen it demonstrated in any video or even mentioned? Not sure that such a small surface would prove very useful if you were seriously into dehydrating food. If you were happy with a little bit of jerky I suppose it would work. 

I haven't seen video of dehydrating food in that particular fryer, but I've seen it done in fryers that don't go that low in temperature with limited success.  Haven't ever tried it with mine.

i'm not seriously into dehydrating food and doubt that I ever would be, but someting like this would probably give me enough capacity.

image.thumb.jpeg.93257fc0c3b4c76f663abe09ef6ac186.jpeg

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

But have you seen it demonstrated in any video or even mentioned? Not sure that such a small surface would prove very useful if you were seriously into dehydrating food. If you were happy with a little bit of jerky I suppose it would work. 

I haven't seen video of dehydrating food in that particular fryer, but I've seen it done in fryers that don't go that low in temperature with limited success.  Haven't ever tried it with mine.

i'm not seriously into dehydrating food and doubt that I ever would be, but someting like this would probably give me enough capacity.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eeff36eef9415ddea2de52d3e69c729.jpeg