• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Court St. Grocers' Friday Night Dinners

weinoo

Last Friday night, we had a fine/fun time at Court St. Grocers, in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, which in addition to offering a variety of hard-to-find and off-the-wall foodstuffs, prepared foods and a variety of sandwiches, does special dinners on Friday nights. These take place in the little attached room, where during the day you can enjoy whatever you've bought from their prepared food counters in the grocery.

At 7 PM and 9 PM on Fridays (reservations requested), for a mere $35, dinner is offered. They've been doing clambakes, and last week we devoured a lobster (a pound and a half), clams, sausage, potatoes, corn on the cob, Parker House rolls, and dessert. It was delicious. Oh, it's BYOB, making it an even better bargain.

My full blog post with pix is here. Look at this bug...

2012 Court St. lobster_2.jpg

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?