• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Star Anise, YVR

cabrales

• 3 weeks later...

It would be too easy to say "Oh no-one goes there anymore" but the view from driving by regularly in the evening tells me business is suffering.

Changes in ownership/poor staffing decisions mean that quality/service have suffered-I haven't been for ages and have no plans to return.

• 2 years later...

Wow! Talk about raising the dead (the post, not the restaurant!). 3 posts in 3 years.

So how about it? Has anybody been to Star Anise lately?

It always seemed to me to be one of the better places in town, but that was before I was ever really able to dine on South Granville. Now it sounds like things are just ... sad.

A.

Try it again, I had a friend treat me to a meal....9/10 on food and a solid 8.25/10 on service.

Can you elaborate Brian? How recently were you there, and what did you have?

Hungry minds want to know.

A.

Nope, cannot elaborate...the company was the focus (business presentation), I just remember it being as good as when Adam was the chef; and I was surprised!

Chef/Owner/Teacher