• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dessert for March 25th

Shel_B

I was just told that March 25th is Aretha Franklin's birthday. As it happens, I've been requested to bring a dessert to a potluck that day, and I was going to make a blood orange panna cotta, as that's one of Toots' favorite desserts. Now I'd like to make something that will celebrate Aretha's b'day. Any suggestions?

... Shel

Well, there's this peach cobbler that purports to be La Franklin's recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-live/aretha-franklins-peach-cobbler-recipe/index.html

Lots of supermarket stuff, like canned peaches and ready-made pie dough, but the reviews are over the top. Happy early birthday to IowaDee and mm84321!

@MadameHuang & madamehuang.com & ZesterDaily.com

Well.....you could make some dessert with bacon (speck) and when people ask what the heck it is tell them to give it a little reSPECKt.

OK even I can see that idea sucks.

Maybe it'd be better to make a cake with little dots or specks on it.

You could make little individual fruit fools in ramekins and line them up and say it's a Chain of Fools.