• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eliminating TCA and all chlorination in water for your cellar

Don Giovanni

Eliminating TCA and all chlorination in water for your cellar

I have been for years battling any chlorination by neutralizing it then using water to clean the cellar... I use a powder and it works...

2.8 mg of Sodium ascorbate will neutralize 5 gallons of water , humidity etc...it's simple and inexpensive to use... please be careful it comes with health warnings ... if you are going to wash the floor it's best to neutralize the water from chlorination...why introduce it into your cellar...

Click On Me

Sodium Ascorbate Powder - 2.2 lbs. - Powder

a bit for you too won't hurt...

Click On Me

Quote:

Important Information

Directions

As a dietary supplement, mix 1/4 teaspoon or more in a glass of juice or water. Take with or without meals.

Product Description

Sodium Ascorbate Information NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate, Crystalline Powder is manufactured by dissolving pharmaceutical grade ascorbic acid with sodium bicarbonate (derived from sea water). It is a fully reacted, truly buffered form of vitamin C. Sodium Ascorbate is historically a favorite of clinicians who, like vitamin C pioneer Fred Klenner, MD, prescribe very high doses of vitamin C for therapeutic purposes. It has a high degree of tissue compatibility, and is the preferred form for intravenous infusion and veterinary applications. It has long been used to supplement many foods and used as an antioxidant in prepared foods. It is often used by those desiring an economical, non-bitter, fully reacted non-acidic vitamin C product. The sodium in this product differs from common table salt in that it is not combined with chloride like the "salt" most often associated with hypertension. Each gram (1000 mg) of vitamin C activity from NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate provides only 120 mg of sodium. Its modest sodium content can be helpful to those with low adrenal function.

TCA does move into wine from a contaminated cellar...

cork does breath in and out...

Quote:

transmission Casey (1994) also another study Barker et. al.

see page 8/15 or page 8 right side paragraph 3... this has been proven...

see study...

Click On Me

Cheers !!!