• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris as an omnivore

trufflelover

I stopped eating meat (aside from fish/seafood) before my first trip to France, so on the half-dozen-plus trips I've taken, I've yet to taste a bite of meat. I've recently reintroduced some meats into my diet, and will be spending two days in Paris following two weeks studying in Gascony.

I've never sought out vegetarian restaurants (in fact, the opposite), but did look for veggie-friendly places. Now that the whole world of French cuisine is open, I'd love suggestions for places to eat in Paris(I'll be alone) in the 35 euro range. Some of my favorites in the past have included L'Epi Dupin, the fixed price menu at Flora, Pulcinella and Chez Michel (in the 10th).

I'll never be the type that orders a meat-lovers' anything, but I'm very curious about experiencing this new aspect of French food.