• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

interested to find out opinions on Fz stone crab vs fresh cooked / chilled

i think it might vary w how the SC are cooked, as they and any shellfish can be easy to over cook

as an Example , Tj's has a fz cooked shrimp that are superb , cooked just right and no graininess when thawed

another supermarket chain has them of coarse , but the cooked ones end up grainy and rubbery

i think that brand over cooks them

Id hate to waste really good money on a mail older SC that was not properly cooked first, then Fz

rotuts

rotuts

interested to find out opinions on Fz stone crab vs fresh cooked / chilled

i think it might vary w how the SC are cooked, as they and any shellfish can be easy to over cook

as an Example , Tj's has a fz cooked shrimp that are superb , cooked just right and no graininess when thawed

another supermarket chain has them of coarse , but the cooked ones end up grainy and rubbery

i think that brand over cooks them

Id hate to waste really good money on a mail older SC that was not properly cooked first, the Fz