• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

Gabriel Lewis

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

Serves 4 as Dessert.

This is a very simple way to make delicious creamy frozen yogurt.

• 1 T lemon or lime juice
  • 1 c frozen blueberries
  • icing sugar
  • 1/4 c creamy yogurt

Place frozen blueberries, lemon or lime juice and icing sugar in food processor and process until well blended and pasty. Add yogurt, beginning with the lower quantity and process until yogurt is fully incorporated and you have smooth and creamy frozen yogurt. You really do not need very much yogurt but this recipe can range from almost an icy sorbet to a more mellow thick frozen yogurt depending on the quantity you add.

notes

* I recommend a creamy unsour yogurt with a decent amount

of fat.

* This works well with virtually any fresh fruit, just be sure to cut larger fruits into small chunks before freezing to insure smooth processing.

I got this from the instructional video that came with my cuisinart and have loved making easy frozen yogurt ever since.

Keywords: Easy

( RG1752 )