• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Metal Tea Caddies?

onocoffee

I'm hoping someone here can direct me to a wholesale source for those metal tea caddies. The ones I'm thinking of seem very traditional to me - they're metal with both and outer and inner cap and sort of look like old metal milk vessels. Sorry if my description is lost in translation.

I've searched Google for metal tea caddy but haven't had much luck. I'm looking for a source where I can buy a dozen of them.

Thanks!

Don't know a wholesale source, and don't know what sizes you are looking for, but if you only need a dozen, try birdpick.com. Theirs are so cheap you could mark them up for b&m tea retail or restaurant use and be fine. They are not absolutely airtight; none of these with seams are, but they are fine for red/black teas and okay for green teas and greener Oolongs if you drink them sooner than later. You could also try World Market, but they are larger when they have them. However, I think the 4, 6 and 8 ounce tea cannisters at tenren.com with straight sides probablyare somewhat better quality than either of the other two sources. Of course you could email all of them to see if they would give you a wholesale price.

Let us know what you end up with and if you find another source.