• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fogo de Chao

gfweb

My teenage son talked us into a dinner at the Philly Fogo. Great space (an old bank?), great service, but only so-so food. Perhaps I expected too much. The meat was OK, some great some a bit tough. What surprised me was the salad bar and sides. Chicken salad was badly overcooked, potato salad was made with russet pots and was mealy, mashed potatoes were over-whipped and glue-y. Was it an off-night or is this typical?

My teenage son talked us into a dinner at the Philly Fogo.  Great space (an old bank?), great service, but only so-so food. Perhaps I expected too much.  The meat was OK, some great some a bit tough.  What surprised me was the salad bar and sides.  Chicken salad was badly overcooked, potato salad was made with russet pots and was mealy, mashed potatoes were over-whipped and glue-y.  Was it an off-night or is this typical?

Forget Fogo de Chao and go here for better rodizio at more than half the price:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showto...4377&hl=picanha