• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cuisinart DLC 2011 Advice

Rob_T

My question is regarding my Cuisinart DLC2011. As I was super-gluing the handle to my work bowl back together again last night it occurred to me that this is my second bowl/lid pusher that I have been through and they need replacing…again. I am afraid I am a Cuisinart abuser. It’s all that buying in bulk. Oddly, I started out not liking food processors because I like my knives but then somehow, this became my power tool of choice. I knead stiff doughs and have even been known to slice bulk prosciutto with it (bad idea, btw). I have made it make some very sad grinding noises on more than a few occasions. So, my question is… Does anyone have any experience with this model? I don’t want to shell out another 80 bucks for a new work bowl/lid and then have the motor go. If it is time to upgrade then so be it. I don’t have any other complaints. This one has performed admirably even with the noises she occasionally makes but I am concerned that maybe I should consider a total replacement or upgrade. Anyone have any advice?