• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Release Aluminum Foil

Darienne

I just learned yesterday of this wonderful non-stick, quick release aluminum foil. Found two kinds today in the local Kroger's (that's it). Kroger's brand cost about $2.50 and the Reynold's was well over $6.00. I bought neither.

Thought I'd ask first. :rolleyes: Is the Kroger's just useless? Is the Reynolds over-priced?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Two questions:

1. Were the two boxes for the same square feet of foil?

2. If they were for the same number of square feet, was there any difference in the weight of the two boxes?

Edited by slkinsey (log)

--

Hello slkinsey: they were the same square footage but I didn't pick them up. I'll try that tomorrow.

Hello Chris: what do you usually pay for it? Ballpark figure... Was it just overpriced at Kroger's?

Thanks. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I pay around $3 for the Reynolds quick release foil at Target...I haven't seen a store brand before and I've only seen one size. It's the best stuff ever! I'd try the Kroger's and if it works out well, then you're set!

Margy