• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Obama's Favorite Chef

localherbavore

I would just like to take a molment to kind of gloat... and say congratulations to my chef. He deserves it, after multiple restaurants, cookbooks, cooking privately for other famous people (president!), he still manages to be down to earth and remember people like me (a lowly line cook) not only just my name but to take time to ask how my family and I are doing. So props to Tony- the Comander-in-Chief's favorite Chef!

I would just like to take a molment to kind of gloat... and say congratulations to my chef.  He deserves it, after multiple restaurants, cookbooks, cooking privately for other famous people (president!), he still manages to be down to earth and remember people like me (a lowly line cook) not only just my name but to take time to ask how my family and I are doing.  So props to Tony- the Comander-in-Chief's favorite Chef!

Cheers mate, I hope most other chefs could follow this example. Take an interest in your cooks, and we'll make you look good!

I can't afford to dine at Spiaggia, but I've never heard anything but fab things about it. I've read that the Obamas (cool, hip well-heeled Chicago foodies) love it, but where and when did the "Favorite chef" come out?

More about Tony:You gotta love a Music Major from Kenosha.

And you did make me misty-eyed about your chef -- why not send props to the Fine Folks, not the ego-driven jerks?

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com