• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chord

chord

5 hours ago, andiesenji said:

Have you ever tried the Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce?  The first time I tried it I bought a small bottle - lasted 3 days. I went back and got a larger bottle and went through that rapidly so I began buying 6 bottles at a time so I always had a supply.

I have mixed it with my homemade mustard to smear on pork roasts and slabs of ribs, mixed it with mayo (homemade) for a spicy salad dressing - amazing on fruit salads,  mixed it with creamy horseradish sauce for dipping vegetable tempura, various fries, fish ( I am limited to freshwater because of an iodine allergy) and I apply it straight to rice, grains, beans, mixtures of same and kedgeree.  Anywhere you want some spiciness.  I even put it on vanilla ice cream and it was good.

The other day I reduced a combination of sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, and chili paste to use as as a glaze for chicken thighs. It came out quite well.

chord

chord

5 hours ago, andiesenji said:

Have you ever tried the Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce?  The first time I tried it I bought a small bottle - lasted 3 days. I went back and got a larger bottle and went through that rapidly so I began buying 6 bottles at a time so I always had a supply.

I have mixed it with my homemade mustard to smear on pork roasts and slabs of ribs, mixed it with mayo (homemade) for a spicy salad dressing - amazing on fruit salads,  mixed it with creamy horseradish sauce for dipping vegetable tempura, various fries, fish ( I am limited to freshwater because of an iodine allergy) and I apply it straight to rice, grains, beans, mixtures of same and kedgeree.  Anywhere you want some spiciness.  I even put it on vanilla ice cream and it was good.

The other day I reduced a combination of Mae Ploy, soy sauce, and chili paste to use as as a glaze for chicken thighs. It came out quite well.