• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Apart from the huge over-simplification, there are some mistakes or distractions.

I will limit my comments to the Southern dishes, which I know best.

There is no need to render 宫保鸡丁 as Grand Duke's chicken. It is known throughout the English speaking world as Kungpo Chicken.

鱼香肉丝 is not "Pork style-fish". If anything, the opposite. It translates as "Fish Taste Pork Strips. This doesn't mean that it tastes of fish. It means the pork is cooked with ingredients more usually used with fish.

麻婆豆腐 Mapo Doufu is from Sichuan, not Hunan and the name does not mean Down-Home. See here.

Don-Don Noodles (担担面) are more usually referred to as Dan Dan Noodles.

If you said what the purpose of this "keyword" exercise is about, it would be easier to offer advice.

Good luck.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Apart from the huge over-simplification, there are some mistakes or distractions.

I will limit my comments to the Southern dishes, which I know best.

There is no need to render 宫保鸡丁 as Grand Duke's chicken. It is known throughout the English speaking world as Kungpo Chicken.

鱼香肉丝 is not "Pork style-fish". If anything, the opposite. It translates as "Fish Taste Pork Strips. This doesn't mean that it tastes of fish. It means the pork is cooked with ingredients more usually used with fish.

麻婆豆腐 Mapo Doufu is from Sichuan, not Hunan and the name does not mean Down-Home. See here.

Don-Don Noodles (担担面) are more usually referred to as Dan Dan Noodles.

If you said what the purpose of this "keyword" exercise is about, it would be easier to offer advice.

Good luck.