• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chufi (Klary) in the Dutch News!

Chris Amirault

Just in from Chufi (Klary):

I was interviewed this week for a Dutch (Amsterdam-based) newspaper, Het Parool. They found me through  the Dutch cooking thread on eGullet, while googling ´Dutch cuisine´ and `Amsterdam´.

The article is in Dutch of course but in it I talk about the Dutch cooking thread, how it started with the first recipe, my moms ginger pastry (this recipe is also given with the article) and how the response and feedback made me re- appreciate Dutch cooking.

There´s a link to a pdf of the article here on my Dutch blog.

Even though most eGulleters won´t be able to read this I think it´s very cool that eGullet gets exposure in a country where it´s relatively unknown!

Oh and the title is not a Dutch word, it´s from a New York Times article explaining how to pronounce the Dutch phrase for Bon appetit.

We agree: very cool indeed!

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts