• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stanley's of Central Falls Now Open in Providence

Fans of road food know Stanley's Hamburgers, which has been located on Dexter St. in Central Falls for generations. Their signature burger is a cheeseburger: caramelized onions are pressed into the ground meat until they adhere, and on top goes cheese and pickles.

After much wrangling and delays, their second location has recently opened at 381 Richmond Street, just behind the Merit Station on Point. I had the standard lunch (two cheeseburgers, handcut fries, and a Coke) a few weeks ago during the soft opening and, frankly, it was better than the last trip to the Dexter Street location!

If you're in town, stop by; the decor alone is worth the visit. And if you do, post here. What'd you think? Has anyone else been yet?

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Went last night and had the usual: two cheeseburgers, fries, Coke. Unfortunately the manager on duty couldn't tell me what cuts of meat they use for the burgers ("100% beef!"), but I will say that this was the best burger I've had at Stanley's yet. The wife started skeptical and ordered only one; a second soon followed.

Oh, and I was wrong above: the Stanleyburger doesn't come with cheese as standard. Just mine. :wink:

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts