• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gold Gourmet Madrid

Just to let you know, I was passing by Gold Gourmet on Ortega y Gasset the other day, and noticed that they now have a fishmongers about 4 doors down from the fruit etc. shop. I didn't have the time to go in, but I got the impression that it was quite new. They looked like they had a good selection, and if the other shops are anything to go by, it should be good quality (if not a little pricey!).

Has anybody tried it?

It's a partnership of Gold Gourmet with a veteran fishmonger in the neighborhood who (I believe) had lost his lease and has excellent purveyors. So Gold Gourmet provided the shop and he provided the contacts: excellent solution all around. Some very good stuff.

Victor de la Serna

elmundovino

You tell me. I've got in the fridge an over 2kg turbot. Not to mention the spectacular ventresca that I'm now digesting.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)