• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

le creuset stainless steel

Denise

Does anyone have the new le creuset stainless steel pans? Have you even seen them in a store? I am thinking of buying them for a wedding gift. It is on the brides registry at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Denise,

I have seen this cookware and it is well designed with nice pouring lips and oversized pouring handles. Unfortunately the skillet is poorly shaped and the selection is very limited with saucepans only up to 3 quarts.

Tim

I have a stainless steel Le Creuset pan (we were given cash and requested to buy a good pan with it as a wedding gift).

We absolutely love it.

The lip pours well, it's easy to clean*, no hot spots so nothing ever burns. Lid is nice and heavy yet it's designed in such a way that you can slide it over to rest on the handle. Must have been a year now since we got it and as good as new.

I think of the couple who gave it to me pretty much every time I use it.

As far as we're concerned this pan ranks up there amongst our great buys.

We have the 20cm saucepan with lid seen here: http://www.lecreuset.co.uk/Default.aspx?PCat=43 by the way

(not quite true - mine is 22cm across, 10cms deep and there is no helper handle. I can't actually see it on the site)

----

*OK, it's a liiiitle bit tricky to clean where the pan connects with the handle, but I'm being really picky here... there's no strange crevices that can't be cleaned like some other pans have.

Edited by MoGa (log)

Unfortunately the skillet is poorly shaped and the selection is very limited with saucepans only up to 3 quarts.

The skillet is what's sometimes called a "French skillet" -- it's not as flared as, say, All Clad's. It's shaped more like a sautepan -- a little deeper and with straighter sides. For many jobs, I like it better than "American" skillets. (One of All Clad's newest pans is their own "French skillet," which looks just like Le Creuset's.)