• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TATTONI's LIVES!

Rich Pawlak

I was driving along Rt 33 in Hamiulton today and I spotted, in a tiny strip center at the corner of 33 and Yardville-Hamilton Square Rd: TATTONI's RISTORANTE.

I quickly pulled over, and peered inside. On the walls: plaques from the Trentonioan, Trenton Times and Zagat, from the original restaurant on Chestnut St in Trenton's Chambersburg section. And a sign: CLOSED for VACATION till March 30.

I will there as soon as they open. I can't wait.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

That is good news!

First-time poster, longtime reader here...so glad to be contributing to the conversations about food in New Jersey. (At least, I hope I make some contributions!) I've lived in this state all my life -- born in North Jersey, but residing in South Jersey and Central Jersey for the past 25+ years.

Anyway, my husband and I lived in Chambersburg, literally right up the block from Tattoni's, for a number of years. I loved that little restaurant! Not only was the food great, but the personal attention was unrivaled. Okay, so they only had -- what, 10 tables? I guess that made it easier for the chef to step out of the kitchen and ask you how you liked your dinner. It sure added to the experience. I hope the new location can retain some of that charm.

• 1 month later...
That is good news! 

First-time poster, longtime reader here...so glad to be contributing to the conversations about food in New Jersey.  (At least, I hope I make some contributions!)  I've lived in this state all my life -- born in North Jersey, but residing in South Jersey and Central Jersey for the past 25+ years.

Anyway, my husband and I lived in Chambersburg, literally right up the block from Tattoni's, for a number of years.  I loved that little restaurant!  Not only was the food great, but the personal attention was unrivaled.  Okay, so they only had -- what, 10 tables?  I guess that made it easier for the chef to step out of the kitchen and ask you how you liked your dinner.  It sure added to the experience.  I hope the new location can retain some of that charm.

My daughter went recently and said it is as good as the original. Same menu, same meal format. She had the chicken Cacciatore and loved it.

She got there early on a Saturday night and had no problem getting in.

Edited by bcjr (log)