• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Living Cookbook software

lindag

On 8/8/2019 at 4:00 PM, Izzie said:

I have tried your software and cannot get it to work, will not open files, just a whole lot of stuff in my download file, tried to email you but your email is not working, am I missing something??? I tried fdx and then convert, doesn't work, tried txt and it doesn't work, tried doc and it doesn't work, yikes I don't know what to do, right now I am trying to delete everything that has been put into my computer so it doesn't clog it up....

Hi there,

I'm sorry it took me awhile to see this. I thought this forum would email me when a user replies to a post. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with my email address. I get email from other users just fine.

Please try emailing me again. Launch Living Cookbook Rescue. Click on the "About" button, then click on the link "Click This Link to Email Support." That should launch your default email client with a new email addressed to my support address. Try to get through to me there first. I don't want to use this forum going back-and-forth trying to toubleshoot your problem.

Because you're not getting very far tells me either you're doing something fundamentally wrong, perhaps the *.LCB file you're trying to open is from too old a version (I only support 2011, 2013, and 2015). When you email me, tell me what error messages you're seeing in the log window. 

Jon T.

• 1 year later...

HOST'S NOTE: The eG Forums are allowing this post by new member Flamirodon as a service to our members, but we have not vetted the software itself. As always when installing software from unknown sources, please use care and take precautions before installing. The original post follows.

Hello guys a found a solution to move LC 2011 to other machines. But it is only practicable for people who are owning a license, a computer key and an unlock code. If you got this, look for dn-spy-net-win32. With this program you can change the behaviour of LC2011. More details I will write in the next days. My solution may also be usable for LC2015 but i couldnt test it by now.

• 1 year later...

Host's note: The eG Forums are allowing this post by new member rayp as a service to our members, but we have not vetted the member beyond the usual validation process. As always, when installing software or accepting help from unknown sources, please use care and take precautions beore installing. The original post follows.

I have seen many threads on this forum and others from folks who have been frustrated that the company that authored this software went out of business and abandoned them leaving many without access to their saved recipes. I can help. 

If you wish you may contact me at 7770ray@gmail.com. 

Please feel free to pass this information along in other forums.

I am able to help you get your legally purchased copy of Living Cookbook 2011 or 2015 up and running again.

Ray

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...