• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Joy Burger Bar - Lex & 100

danger_doug

Ate at Joy Burger Bar tonight at the corner of 100th and Lex. It's a newcomer to the neighborhood (they haven't even started delivery yet).

It's styled with a retro vibe-- tin trays, coke in glass bottles, lots of chrome, but doesn't overdo the nostalgia (like an EJs). It's counter ordering, and they'll deliver to the tables.

The burgers come in 3 sizes (Munch-- slider, Midi and Maxi) with the most expensive $5.75 with any one of 10 sauces (from mayo, BBQ to Black Olive Paste to chimichurri), with and lettuce, onion (raw or sauteed), tomato, pickle and jalapeno if desired. Avocado, chili, portobello, roasted peppers or egg are $.75 extra.

I had the maxi (8oz) with lettuce tomato jalapeno avocado and onion-- really tasty, done exactly as ordered.

The fries are thin slices (like thick potato chips) and were salted and seasoned well (tho a bit odd looking). Onion rings were big and crisp, and the Sweet Potato fries came with maple syrup for dipping (which was amazing).

My companion got the turkey burger and declared it the best she's ever had-- well seasoned.

The homemade lemonade was tasty with a mint sprig in it.

The menu also has sandwiches (including schnitzel) and salad, milkshakes and smoothies.

A great, solid addition to the neighborhood, and well worth the trip... Amazing burgers orders of magnitude better than, and half the price of Burger Heaven. Probably one of the 15 best burgers I've had in the city and they're still working out the kinks. Love to hear what anyone else thinks.

Edited by danger_doug (log)