• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Custom Made Silk Screen

Qui

Hi all,

I am looking for places that make custom made silk screens. I think that's what it is called. I have used them before in plated dessert situation where it's a piece of blue material that has you custom logo or image on it. You put it agaisnt your plate (flat surface), with some cocoa paste and a squegee, you transfer the image onto your plate.

I have contacted a couple places that make them, but theirs are set in a wooden frame, and it needs to stay stretched in the wooden frame all the time. I am a little confused here, because the one that I've used before is just a small piece with the image on it, and it doesn't need to be stretch in a frame. I am pretty sure the chef called it a silk screen, or it is a different thing? Please help, thanks!

It is probably something a little different than a silk screen. Silk screen do need to stay stretched on a frame. But, they are used in the manner you describe...squeegee and such.

You were probably using some sort of custom made stencil.

Oops, forgot to add this-

I have not used these, but they might serve your purpose - and are as custom as you want to make them: EZScreenPrint.

Edited by merlicky (log)