• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

4th Annual Menu For Hope, Philly Style

David McDuff

Dear fellow Philly eGulleters,

I know this is a rather odd posting/request in the context of a non-profit, fund-raising organization's forum, so please bear with me and forgive the intrusion.

I’m writing with a call for support in the spirit of holiday giving. Many of you may already be familiar with Menu For Hope. It’s a fund-raising effort, participated in by food and wine bloggers around the globe, to support the United Nations World Food Programme. This year, the fourth for the event, all proceeds are being directed to feed hungry farming families in Lesotho, Africa.

I'm participating for the first time this year. You can view the details of my contribution – private sommelier services for six, including wine – on my blog at:

Win Me For a Night! (Private Sommelier Services)

You’ll also find full details of how the program works and links to all sorts of information about the organization.

I know this is a rather presumptuous request but I’d love it if each or any of you would consider spreading the word to any of your friends, family and associates who might be interested. I'd love for my contribution to make as big an impact for Menu For Hope as possible, which could certainly be helped by getting some attention from as many food and wine loving people as possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Anything you choose to do would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

David

Bravo David!

Chez Pim's Menu for Hope is in its 4th season....it's a very worthwhile project and the prizes are simply amazing. Lunch with Harold McGee.... 2 tickets to Madrid Fusion (who ever wins...makes you sure bring along Docsconz!).....

Prizes are sorted by geography, and you have great stuff going on all over the world.

That's a very nice prize that you have contributed, David!